Friday, June 24, 2011

WTF – Suddenly a baby Born – Amazing Effects

WTF – Suddenly a baby Born – Amazing Effects. Riken Drake’s baby book notes could go like this: Arrived May 23, 2011. Weighed 8 pounds, 1 ounce. Born in the front seat of grandma’s car.

Mom Mandy Lambert was just minutes away from a soft, hospital bed, but baby Riken was a bit impatient.

The 15-minute drive from Lambert’s Flint home near Corunna Road to Genesys Regional Medical Center in Grand Blanc Township was apparently too long a wait.

Instead, Riken made his debut in the passenger seat of his grandmother’s teal, 1998 Chevy Malibu on southbound I-75.

“He just couldn’t wait I guess,” said Lambert, 27.

Pregnant with child number three, Lambert thought she knew what to expect. There would be hours of labor. The baby’s dad, Adam Drake, would cut the umbilical cord.

What she did not expect: giving birth on an expressway.

Lambert’s mother-in-law picked her up about 30 minutes after her water broke and contractions had begun. They were en route to the hospital, just at the Holly Road exit, when nature’s cues told the expectant mom it was time.

“I just felt like I had to start pushing. I pushed a few times and he was out. He landed on the front seat,” Lambert said. “I turned to my mother-in-law and said “’Oh my god, the baby is here.’

“It was so crazy and so unexpected. I didn’t have time to think.”

Meanwhile, Lambert’s mother-in-law, Tammy Drake, was driving frantically, beeping her horn the whole way when she suddenly heard the baby’s wails next to her.

“I kept telling her ‘no, you can’t push yet. This baby is not coming out in my car, Mandy,’ never thinking that would actually happen,” Drake, 44, of Flushing said.

“I just turned my head and there he was. It happened that fast. Nobody would believe it.”

In the back seat was Riken’s great-grandmother June Rayby, of Mt. Morris, who had to tell Drake to slow down when they got to the hospital parking lot.

“I was just overwhelmed by the birth of this child,” said Drake, who has three children and seven grandchildren. “No blood or anything. He looked like he’d just woken up from a nap, ready for us to hold him.

“He was so perfect. I kept looking at him and saying ‘he’s so beautiful, thank you, Jesus. Both are healthy. We have so much to be thankful for.’”

Bewildered hospital staff greeted the family at the emergency room entrance, responding to the scene of a woman holding a 19 1/2-inch-long baby boy who was still attached to his mom via umbilical cord.

Adam Drake got the call from his mother breathlessly explaining that his newborn son was already here.

“I was like ‘wow,’” That’s never happened,” the stunned dad, 28, said.

For the births of his two other children, Sadie, 8 and Deakon, 4, he had been working construction jobs in Lake Orion and Lansing, but he got there in time to see them born.

On Riken’s birth day, Drake was working nearby in the Grand Blanc area.

“I was the closest this time and I missed it,” he said. “I wasn’t worried because Mandy is a champion. She can handle anything.”

Genesys officials would not comment on the family’s case or how many times a similar incident has happened over the years, citing confidentiality concerns.

But doctors acknowledged that in general, babies born in cars are more the stuff of Hollywood than real life.

Dr. James Lindemulder, an obstetrics and gynecology faculty member at Genesys, said for most women, the water breaking is a distant prelude to birth.

But there are exceptions.

“To have someone deliver on the way to the hospital, if they left when they felt signs of labor, it’s a rare event,” Lindemulder said.

Tags: [Video] WTF – Suddenly a baby Born – Amazing Effects, Suddenly a baby Born

No comments:

Post a Comment